Monday, August 07, 2006

Science backs age-old wisdom; baby's need milk (The Spectrum)

ST. GEORGE - Thirty-one-year-old Priscilla Jensen looked on as Katie Archibald instructed Jensen and a room full of expectant mothers on breast-feeding techniques.

With her third child on the way, Jensen decided to enroll in the class and give it another try.

"I figured I finally needed some help because I haven't been able to breast-feed my first two and I really want to breast-feed," said Jensen with a glowing grin. Health complications with the first two children impeded her ability to continue to nurse them beyond the first days. Today Jensen's convinced that the lack of breast-feeding led both her children to develop severe milk allergies, requiring her to feed them a specialized formula, Nutramigen - at $27 a container.



click to read more...

No comments: