Monday, May 01, 2006

Helping mums become bosom buddies (Chester Evening Leader)

A GROUP of new mums have completed a 12-week course to help women who want to breast feed their babies.

After successfully ending a 12-week course based on the La Leche League Breastfeeding Peer Counsellor Programme, the first 20 Bosom Buddies are providing help and support to other mothers in the Blacon and Ellesmere Port Sure Start areas.

The buddies are all mums who have already breastfed their own babies and want to help and support other mothers to do the same. .

One of them, Lisa Ruffell, said: “I have successfully breastfed two children myself. You think you know all about it but the Peer Support Programme has taught me loads more about how we make milk and how breast feeding works.

“With this new knowledge I can now help other mums because I understand how problems occur and I can put it into context and give better information.”



click to read more...

No comments: