Thursday, July 21, 2005

Hotel sensitive to breastfeeding

Gov. Douglas has proclaimed the month of August as Breastfeeding Promotion Month In Vermont and Aug. 1-7 is World Breastfeeding Week, being celebrated in more than 120 countries.

I would like to take this opportunity to commend the Capitol Plaza for being a breastfeeding-friendly business. As a breastfeeding mother attending a daylong business meeting at their conference center recently, I had worried how and where I might use my breast pump. When I approached the reception desk, I cringed at the prospect of having to explain my situation to the young man at the counter. However, the grace and understanding with which he responded to my request let me know it was received as neither unusual nor unreasonable.

click to read more...

No comments: