Friday, September 08, 2006

How I became a breast-feeding monster (Jerusalem Post)

This past June I wrote a column and became the Antichrist, which, in itself, is quite a feat for a rabbi. To be sure, in my life I have not hesitated to be controversial when the situation warranted. But to become, in the eyes of my devoted readers, the twin brother of Saddam Hussein over a straightforward article on breast-feeding was, to say the least, unexpected.

But OK, if I was wrong, I'll admit it. True, as many of you will point out, I've never been wrong before. But I am, after all, human, that is, unless you're one of my breast-feeding critics, in which case I am a bushy-bearded Cyclops.


click to read more...

"If I was wrong, I'll admit it." Feh! Talk about your insincere apologies! Having myself been on the receiving end on several such non-apologies, I can promise you they only serve to exacerbate the problems they purport to address. Perhaps someone should send the Rabbi a copy of the most excellent book, On Apology by Aaron Lazare. ~ Ali

No comments: