Monday, July 31, 2006

The Right To Breastfeed (WIFR)

It's pretty much a natural instinct. Your little ones are hungry so you feed them. But feeding time was interrupted for one mom who says she has the right to breastfeed. It's one of the best bonding experiences between a mother and their child. So Lacey Richardson was shocked when the connection between her and 6-month-old Olivia was interrupted.

Lacey Richardson was trying to breastfeed her baby at Magic Waters and says, "Someone came up to me and said ma’am, excuse me you need to cover up. I said no I don't I will when I'm done. I'm nursing my baby."

And she has the right to respond the way she did. Illinois has a law that makes it legal for women to nurse in public or private places. But workers at Magic Waters were unaware of the Right to Breastfeed Act.



click to read more...

No comments: