Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Mother Asked To Leave Restaurant Because She Was Breast Feeding (KSLA News)

"Are you flirting," asks Ashley Walsh, glaring into the eyes of her daughter, Emma. "Daddy's going to get to you."

Three month old Emma Walsh is everything to her parents, Travis and Ashley. She brightened their lives not long after they committed theirs to each other. When Ashley gave birth to Emma she vowed to breast feed her. She's part of the "La Leche League," a global group that educates women who want to breast feed.

Recently, they went to the place they love to eat as a family, Applebee's, the place that promotes itself as a "Good Neighbor."

"The waitress came over and took our order. She started getting fussy so I was like, 'Ok I'll just feed her.' I mean, like I said I've done it many time before, in Wal-Mart, other restaurants, the mall. No ones ever noticed it before, but here comes the manager and she says I'm going to need you to either step in the bathroom and do that, or leave. So, we just played for our meal and left," says Ashley.



click to read more...

No comments: