Thursday, August 11, 2005

Nursing? The Rox play ball: Stadium lets moms breast-feed (BostonHerald.com)

Although a majority of Herald readers responding to an online poll say breast-feeding doesn't belong in the stands at sports arenas, a Brockton baseball stadium that offers a luxury suite to nursing mothers is putting Fenway Park and other major venues to shame.

Moms are free to breast-feed in their seats at Campanelli Stadium while watching the Brockton Rox, but the minor-league park also reserves one of its dozen $20,000-a-year luxury suites for mothers who want to nurse away from the crowd.

click to read more....

4 comments:

Ali said...

"A Web site poll of Herald readers found 65.7 percent were against breast-feeding in the stands and 34.3 percent were for it."

A quick look at the Herlad's Talk Back section will reveal the intelligence level of your average voter in this poll of theirs.

Ali said...

Oh, and FEH. I had a heck of a lot more to say than the one sentence quoted in this article.

Alison said...

You know, most women don't just 'whip it out' to nurse... most or somewhat discreet and do try to cover as much as they can whenver they have to nurse in public. Its just ridicules. I've been nursing in public, many times, and most people have no idea what I'm doing... and I don't use a cover-up; my kids never liked being hid away under a blanket... plus, being in Louisiana, its really hot almost all year long.

I hate reading what ignorance is being said on those message boards. Total ignorance.

BTW, I really appreciate your blog!

Ali said...

Yes, that was one of the points I amde to the reporter - that most people never even realize that they're seeing a nursing baby. When my daughter was an infant, I had people walk right up to us and lean in for a peek when we were out and about - adn it wasn't until they got right up there that they realized we were nursing!

Thanks for the kind words about the blog. I am way behind on answering comments - it has been a frantic, busy week.