Friday, October 06, 2006

Nibbling Nursers - What to do when baby bites (The Times News)

Most mothers picture nursing as a serene experience, and it usually is. But when Baby gets a few teeth, biting often becomes a concern. Then what? Here are some tips!

A playful nip?
Breastfeeding Melanie Walenciak, mother of two in Tulsa, Oklahoma recalls the first time her baby bit while nursing.

"He had that glint in his eye but he was only playing," she says. "I screamed so loud I scared us both. He would occasionally glint at me after that day but I would say no, no, no and he would giggle. It became almost a ritual. I am glad to say that my son and I had a great nursing experience. He weaned himself at almost three when I was five months pregnant with baby number two."



click to read more...

No comments: