Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy World Breastfeeding Week!

World Breastfeeding Week is celebrated from August 1-7 every year. This year's theme - Breastfeeding: The First Hour.

Initiation of breastfeeding within the 1st hour of birth is the first and most vital step towards reducing infant and under-five mortality, by reducing the overwhelmingly high neonatal mortality rate. Save ONE million babies – beginning with one action, one hour support and one message: beginning breastfeeding within the 1st hour of birth! - http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org/


2 comments:

tanya@motherwearblog said...

Hi Ali,

Happy WBW to you, too!

(I just realized that you're the Ali from MBC - I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out! Hope to see you at the conference this Fall...)

Tanya

Ali said...

Thanks, Tanya! I hope I'll be able to make this year's conference...